From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modifying LiveCDs
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:00:11
1 On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 >>What I'd like to do is drop the stage3 and Portage snapshots onto the
4 >>ISO before burning, but I've never done anything with mastering
5 >>bootable discs. Could someone provide me with some pointers?
6 >
7 > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=build+your+own+live+cd+gentoo
8
9 Not so useful, thanks. Google fails me regularly. Personalized
10 searches are getting to be a real sore spot for me; not just mine, but
11 those of people pointing me at Google assuming my searches for the
12 same keywords will get the same results. Particular grating is when
13 someone sends me a link to a search, then the link to what I was
14 looking for, and says something like "first hit". My first *page*
15 didn't even have that link on it.
16
17 /rant
20 > SCNR :P
21
22 shortcircuit:12@serenity~
23 Fri Sep 23 08:44 AM
24 !501 #1 j0 ?0 $ wtf is scnr
25 SCNR: sorry, could not resist
26
27 Ah.
30 > alternatively you could use catalyst:
31 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/
32 >
33 > or you just mount the iso, modify it, run mkisofs on it and burn it.
34 > the mkisofs options you are looking for are -b and -c.
35
36 I knew there was going to be something I wasn't going to know, and it
37 looks like the values passed to -b and -c are it.
38
39 I don't want to build a CD from scratch (and doing so looks like it
40 would require setting up a fully "generic" box to build). I just want
41 to add two files to an existing ISO.
42
43 How would I extract boot_catalog and eltorito_boot_image from an existing ISO?
46 :wq