From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I (partially) rebuild a package with emerge?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:04:51
1 Le mercredi 16 décembre 2009 21:44:29, Alan Mackenzie a écrit :
2 > Hi, gentoo,
3 >
4 > I've just emerged xorg-x11, and noticed that I had a wrong setting for
5 > VIDEO_CARDS in /etc/make.conf. Does emerge have a facility to rebuild
6 > only those portions of xorg-x11 dependent on that setting, or do I have
7 > to start again from scratch? I've perused the emerge man page, but not
8 > found this situation addressed.
9 >
10 > Thanks for the help!
13 Actually it's not possible because when a package is merged with success, the
14 build tree is deleted from /var/tmp/portage.
15 The only choice you have is to rebuild the whole package using emerge --
16 oneshot package.
17 By the way, the rebuild will also pull the new dependencies implied by the new
18 use flags settings.
19
20 HTH.
23 Xavier Parizet