From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root password gremlin
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:02:51
1 On Tuesday 22 Nov 2005 4:23 am, Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > Just because you have a lot of packages installed that have the "pam" USE
3 > flag doesn't mean that much-- is the flag actually enabled for those
4 > packages?
5 >
6 > If so, and your system is not having any issues, I wouldn't necessarily
7 > become hysterical just yet.
8 >
9 I did a emerge -pv for all those packages and looks like all of them are
10 actually using PAM. What I am thinking now is to mask any accidental update
11 of PAM in package.mask and hope that it doesn't get messed up
12 "just_like_that".
13
14 Thanks for the help.
15 Abhay