From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root password gremlin
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:59:55
1 Abhay Kedia schreef:
2 > On Sunday 20 Nov 2005 7:16 pm, Holly Bostick wrote:
3 >
4 >> equery hasuse pam
7 > Wow!!! I performed that thing on my system and the stupid PAM is
8 > everywhere (I am scared as shit after reading this thread). What
9 > would be the easiest way to get rid of PAM from a single user desktop
10 > system working smoothly? Would a -pam in make.conf and emerge -uDN
11 > world suffice?
12 >
13 > Abhay
14
15 Just because you have a lot of packages installed that have the "pam" USE
16 flag doesn't mean that much-- is the flag actually enabled for those
17 packages?
18
19 If so, and your system is not having any issues, I wouldn't necessarily
20 become hysterical just yet.
21
22 But if you really are concerned, and want to remove it, you might
23 consider the following wiki entry, and then think about it before making
24 a decision:
25
26 http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Remove_PAM
27