From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to prevent a dns amplification attack
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 08:53:27
1 Am 29.03.2013 01:49, schrieb Peter Humphrey:
2 > On Thursday 28 March 2013 20:53:49 Paul Hartman wrote:
6 >> In my case, my ISP's DNS servers are slow (several seconds to reply),
7 >
8 >> fail randomly when they should resolve, return an IP (which goes to
9 >
10 >> their ad-laden "helper" website if you are using a web browser) when
11 >
12 >> they should instead return nxdomain, and they have openly admitted to
13 >
14 >> selling customer DNS lookup history to marketers for targeted
15 >
16 >> advertising.
20 > That is just evil. Have you no alternative to this ISP?
24 > --
25 >
26 > Peter
31 Like free and open DNS servers? ;-) Like the one i am talking about and
32 was told it was unnessesary crap?
33
34 Norman