From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to prevent a dns amplification attack
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:49:34
1 On Thursday 28 March 2013 20:53:49 Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > In my case, my ISP's DNS servers are slow (several seconds to reply),
4 > fail randomly when they should resolve, return an IP (which goes to
5 > their ad-laden "helper" website if you are using a web browser) when
6 > they should instead return nxdomain, and they have openly admitted to
7 > selling customer DNS lookup history to marketers for targeted
8 > advertising.
9
10 That is just evil. Have you no alternative to this ISP?
13 Peter