From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager requires multilib?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:02:18
1 On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 4:39 PM Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > The part "Mask packages that rely on amd64 multilib" implies that
4 > something in the package relies on multilib. This is the first time
5 > I've run into something requiring multilib since trying to build WINE,
6 > ages ago. And my system is no-multilib. Is there a way around this?
9 I haven't used it in a while, but the SDK installer largely installs
10 prebuilt binaries and other files from upstream, and I'm guessing that
11 some of those are 32-bit.
12
13 If all you need is adb then there is dev-util/android-tools, which I'm
14 guessing is fine with multilib (it looks like a regular source-based
15 package at a glance). If you need the SDK you could force it to be
16 unmasked and maybe the parts that you need might happen to work, but I
17 wouldn't count on it. I don't think it would break anything on your
18 system - it would just fail to work correctly and you could unmerge
19 it. If it wants to pull in a bunch of other masked stuff I'd hesitate
20 to unmask anything else without a good understanding of what you're
21 doing.
24 Rich