From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager requires multilib?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 21:39:22
1 I live in Canada, and want to get rid of alerts on a smartphone. Our
2 CRTC (analog to US FCC) has decreed that *ALL* alerts are sent out at the
3 highest level. That includes everything from incoming-nuclear-missiles
4 to missing-kid-500-km-away-at-2:00-AM-in-the-morning. Americans roaming
5 on a Canadian network would see every alert as a "Presidential Alert".
6 Because Canada was late to the alert game (April 2018), 3G was exempted
7 from the alerts because it's considered "legacy". I've forced my phone
8 to 3G. But 3G will eventually shut down, so I need to find some way to
9 get rid of the alerts altogether.
10
11 I got to https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Android/adb and the instructions
12 are relatively simple. Install adb and then...
13
14 pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
15
16 But I ran into a problem...
17
18 [x8940][root][~] emerge --ask dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager
19
20 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager" have been masked.
21 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
22 - dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager-24.4.1-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask, ~amd64 keyword)
23 /var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/arch/amd64/no-multilib/package.mask:
24 # AMD64 Team <amd64@g.o>
25 # Mask packages that rely on amd64 multilib
26
27 The part "Mask packages that rely on amd64 multilib" implies that
28 something in the package relies on multilib. This is the first time
29 I've run into something requiring multilib since trying to build WINE,
30 ages ago. And my system is no-multilib. Is there a way around this?
33 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
34 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications