From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brother Printer
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 22:57:28
1 On 2016-12-11 10:06 AM, siefke_listen@×××.de wrote:
2 > On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:45:46 -0700
3 > Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm on this thread a little late, but does CUPS not work? Every printer
6 >> I've set up on a linux box (only a handful, to be fair) has worked out
7 >> of the box without extra drivers.
8 >
9 > I have try now. With generic driver I play but they give only out blank
10 > pages. No text. I have now try with older hp and hplip it work. So I
11 > think I will buy a HP Device. I write to Brother Support and ask for
12 > native 64 support and which printer/scanner/fax combi but no answer.
15 > Silvio
16
17 I have an HP printer and hplip doesn't work with it, so beware...
18
19 Dan