From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How often -uD world?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:09:57
1 > 2. Don't change a winning team! If your kernel run's smoothly with no
2 > weird glutches in drivers, leave it be. Only update if you want new
3 > features.
4 > Just my 2p's worth
5 > Greetz,
6 > Mark
7
8 Works for my desktop. I haven't updated it for years. Just poked along
9 fixing this and that; if something stops working and I can't fix it, I
10 just install something else.
11
12 LOL here's the bottom line for -puvDN world on my desktop
13
14 <...>
15 Total: 447 packages (303 upgrades, 4 downgrades, 104 new, 3 in new
16 slots, 33 reinstalls, 11 uninstalls), Size of downloads: 1,062,289 kB
17 Conflict: 27 blocks (15 unsatisfied)
18 <...>
19
20 Not going to happen.