From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Copying encrypted files from a DVD
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 17:01:12
1 On 16 May 2009, at 17:46, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > ...
3 >> Certainly I have copied disks using `dd` a number of times, PRIOR to
4 >> decryption / ripping. However I cannot state the drives' status for
5 >> sure - most of mine have region-free firmware applied as soon as I
6 >> get
7 >> them.
8 >
9 > There are still a lot of DVD-Video media that don't use CSS.
10
11 I have certainly cloned region-protected DVDs on a number of occasions
12 using `dd`. These disks have given no read errors, and the subsequent
13 encrypted .iso image has produced perfectly fine rips.
14
15 Stroller.