From: Richard Marz <Richard.marz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Sneakernet
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 23:16:38
1 On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 09:31 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2 > On 1 Aug 2007, at 02:53, Richard Marz wrote:
3 >
4 > > I have a networkless box that I've gentoo installed on. I grabbed the
5 > > latest portage snapshot from one of the mirrors. I ran emerge -DNeF
6 > > world and system on my networked machine to try and fetch every
7 > > possible
8 > > file needed to install my world and system programs. Then I tarred the
9 > > distfiles directory which was about 2.5GB and dumped it
10 > > into /usr/portage/ on my networkless box. When installing certain
11 > > programs on my networkless pc; It complains about not being able to
12 > > fetch some package dependencies. Is there an emerge option/switch
13 > > that I
14 > > can use to make sure I fetch every possible depedency/package for
15 > > every
16 > > package in my world and system set.
17 >
18 > Networkless box:
19 > $ emerge -fpv world > foo.txt
20 >
21 > Sneaker foo.txt to networked box and:
22 > $ for foo in foo.txt ; do wget -c -nc -P /usr/portage/distfiles/
23 > $foo ; done
24 >
25 > Should approximately do the trick.
26 >
27 > Stroller.
28
29 Thanks for the help, Stroller. But that command did not work so well.
30 wget translated $foo to foo.txt instead of reading line line in foo.txt.
31 I managed to get wget to fetch the files in foo.txt by running:
32
33 cat foo.txt |xargs -- wget -c -nc -P /usr/portage/distfiles/ -
36 also it would be a good idea to run
37
38 # emerge -fpveDN world && emerge -fpvDN <packagename1>
39 <packagename2> ...and so on because emerge -fpve{DN} world didn't quite
40 world as thorough as I would have liked it to.
41
42 Thank you all.
43
44 Marz