From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Sneakernet
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 08:37:53
1 On 1 Aug 2007, at 02:53, Richard Marz wrote:
2
3 > I have a networkless box that I've gentoo installed on. I grabbed the
4 > latest portage snapshot from one of the mirrors. I ran emerge -DNeF
5 > world and system on my networked machine to try and fetch every
6 > possible
7 > file needed to install my world and system programs. Then I tarred the
8 > distfiles directory which was about 2.5GB and dumped it
9 > into /usr/portage/ on my networkless box. When installing certain
10 > programs on my networkless pc; It complains about not being able to
11 > fetch some package dependencies. Is there an emerge option/switch
12 > that I
13 > can use to make sure I fetch every possible depedency/package for
14 > every
15 > package in my world and system set.
16
17 Networkless box:
18 $ emerge -fpv world > foo.txt
19
20 Sneaker foo.txt to networked box and:
21 $ for foo in foo.txt ; do wget -c -nc -P /usr/portage/distfiles/
22 $foo ; done
23
24 Should approximately do the trick.
25