From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -aDNvu world fails
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:33:14
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >> > I never emerge everything I see in the list since most are
6 >> > dependencies themselves and I don't want to add them to my world file.
7 >> >
8 >>
9 >> emerge -1 what-ever-dep-you-dont-want-in-world
12 > Of course, if I Want to figure out which 10 items shouldn't be in my
13 > world file. I'm doing that right now with an openmotif emerge. However
14 > I was saying that if I see a big list of items, do equery depends one
15 > of the items, see something like k3b or even gnome, then emerging
16 > gnome picks up the dependencies even easier than using -1. At least I
17 > feel that way, but that's just me.
18 >
19 > - Mark
20 >
21 I usually do this too, unless the number of ports to upgrade is very
22 small. One tip that might save you time, add --tree to your emerge call
23 and you can tell at a glance when an ebuild with a lot of dependencies
24 is in your list.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list