From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -aDNvu world fails
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:56:39
1 On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > I never emerge everything I see in the list since most are
4 > > dependencies themselves and I don't want to add them to my world file.
7 > emerge -1 what-ever-dep-you-dont-want-in-world
8 >
9 Of course, if I Want to figure out which 10 items shouldn't be in my
10 world file. I'm doing that right now with an openmotif emerge. However
11 I was saying that if I see a big list of items, do equery depends one
12 of the items, see something like k3b or even gnome, then emerging
13 gnome picks up the dependencies even easier than using -1. At least I
14 feel that way, but that's just me.
15
16 - Mark
17 --