From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -aDNvu world fails
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 19:22:12
1 On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:56:37 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > > I never emerge everything I see in the list since most are
4 > > > dependencies themselves and I don't want to add them to my world
5 > > > file.
6 > >
7 > > emerge -1 what-ever-dep-you-dont-want-in-world
8 > >
9 > Of course, if I Want to figure out which 10 items shouldn't be in my
10 > world file.
11
12 There's nothing to figure out, packages that need to be in your world
13 file are already there, so an update never needs to add anything and you
14 can safely use --oneshot with all the packages you pick from the emerge
15 -up world output.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.