From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd reaches "target Emergency Mode" every boot
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:05:04
1 On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3 >> Am 28.01.2013 20:08, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
4 >>
5 >>> I saw that mgorny unmasked systemd, and I'm installing it as of right
6 >>> now. I hope to have no problems, but I still don't know how they
7 >>> managed to install udev in / and systemd in /usr without problems.
8 >>> Perhaps it will "just work" as long as /usr is not in its own
9 >>> partition, or you use an initramfs.
10 >>
11 >> I don't have /usr separated so it doesn't matter for me right now.
12 >>
13 >> Do you use gnome/gdm? If yes, would you share use-flags and
14 >> service-file? Thanks!
15 >
16 > I just booted with udev/systemd-197. The only error was:
17 >
18 > Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/udevadm: No such file or directory
19 >
20 > Which was kinda what I was expecting, since udevadm moved to /bin.
21 > However, everything (except plymouth-start.service) works. The error
22 > happens inside the initramfs, just before the switch-root, so perhaps
23 > I can fix it by putting a link to udevadm in /usr/bin in my initramfs.
24
25 I had to put the link in both the initramfs (made a trivial dracut
26 module to do it), and in the filesystem. The error went away, and
27 everything works, including plymouth-start.service (I don't know why I
28 still have it, my laptop boots so fast I almost don't see the splash).
29 I have zero failed units in systemctl --full --all.
30
31 I also took the plunge and removed both 70-persistent-net.rules
32 80-net-name-slot.rules; my laptop uses NetworkManager, so everything
33 just keep working, but now my network interfaces have silly new
34 names:
35
36 # ifconfig | grep UP
37 enp0s25: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
38 lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
39 wlp2s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
40
41 So the only problem was udevadm in /bin instead of /usr/bin, but
42 apparently (in my laptop at least) only plymouth-start.service needs
43 it.
44
45 Regards.
46 --