From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd reaches "target Emergency Mode" every boot
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:35:28
1 On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 28.01.2013 20:08, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >
4 >> I saw that mgorny unmasked systemd, and I'm installing it as of right
5 >> now. I hope to have no problems, but I still don't know how they
6 >> managed to install udev in / and systemd in /usr without problems.
7 >> Perhaps it will "just work" as long as /usr is not in its own
8 >> partition, or you use an initramfs.
9 >
10 > I don't have /usr separated so it doesn't matter for me right now.
11 >
12 > Do you use gnome/gdm? If yes, would you share use-flags and
13 > service-file? Thanks!
14
15 I just booted with udev/systemd-197. The only error was:
16
17 Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/udevadm: No such file or directory
18
19 Which was kinda what I was expecting, since udevadm moved to /bin.
20 However, everything (except plymouth-start.service) works. The error
21 happens inside the initramfs, just before the switch-root, so perhaps
22 I can fix it by putting a link to udevadm in /usr/bin in my initramfs.
23
24 My gdm USE-flags are:
25
26 [ebuild R ~] gnome-base/gdm-3.6.2 USE="audit fallback gnome-shell
27 introspection ipv6 ldap plymouth systemd tcpd -accessibility
28 -consolekit -debug -fprint (-selinux) -smartcard {-test} -xinerama" 0
29 kB
30
31 The service file is the one the package provides. I have gdm.service
32 as display-manager.service:
33
34 # ls -l /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service
35 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Oct 13 16:48
36 /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service ->
37 /usr/lib64/systemd/system/gdm.service
38
39 Nothing else, AFAICS.
40
41 Regards.