From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bisect a problem going back months?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:01:04
1 On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 09/13/2010 05:38 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I'm wondering if there is a Gentoo way to bisect a bug
5 >
6 > A bit off-topic, but it would be awesome if we could run git bisect with
7 > live ebuilds.  Right now, I'm using xf86-video-ati-9999 for example. When I
8 > update it and there's a bug, I can't really bisect it; I need to grab the
9 > sources from Git manually and install it outside of portage (and that's
10 > bad.)
11 >
12 > I guess it might be a good idea for the next GSoC?
13
14 That would actually be quite cool actually - to be able to bisect but
15 stay within portage.
16
17 - Mark