From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:41:34
1 On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:57:06 -0500
2 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Getting the Gentoo Council behind this idea, and providing an
5 > officially supported - or maybe a better term is *mandated* - process
6 > whereby systemd proponents can create and then maintain new systemd
7 > versions of any existing profiles.
8 >
9 > I guess maybe it is time to go open a bug about this?
10 >
11 > I would be happy to do this, but maybe it would be better if someone
12 > who has much more knowledge of the inner workings of the Gentoo
13 > Council and whatever process governs things like this to do it?
14
15 Wait on the gentoo-project ML for a mail gathering agenda items; once
16 that happens, reply to it clearly explaining your request and what you
17 would want them to discuss or vote on. Then you can watch and/or
18 participate in the next meeting (they announce when that is there)
19 and/or read up about their decision in the log and/or summary as they
20 come online; for further details, you can read up here:
21
22 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council
25 With kind regards,
26
27 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
28 Gentoo Developer
29
30 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
31 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
32 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D