From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo and orca using gnome 3.8
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 19:52:44
1 Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz> wrote:
2
3 > Am 12.05.2013 18:12, schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
4 > > Hi. I am trying to build orca from master which is necessary for gnome
5 > > 3.8 which I have installed. Orca uses python3.3 and will not even use
6 > > 3.2. So I emerged 3.3 by putting a keyword ~amd64 in the keywords.
7 > > Now, how do I get the packages to go in -- the first one which has
8 > > problems is dev-python/pygobject. I added python3_3 but when I emerge
9 > > it, the use flags say (-python3_3).
10 > >
11 > > There may be others, but how can I get this package to go into
12 > > python3.3?
13 > >
14 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 > I too run gnome 3.8. I have no problem merging orca (3.6.3-r1). What
18 > error do you get when trying to merge orca? Maybe search bugs.gentoo.org.
19 >
20 ]
21 I am trying to run orca from master which is a different version and
22 requires python3.3. When I did not have it, it said no suitable python
23 interpreter and now it is complaining it can't find module gi.
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici