From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Solved.Re: X/ati/amd/kde4/hal/evdev/??? problem
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 04:45:36
1 On Donnerstag 16 Juli 2009, Keith Dart wrote:
2 > On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 05:25:06 +0200
3 >
4 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > sure. Support companies that don't care about open source drivers.
6 >
7 > I also use boards with Intel embedded graphics chips. :-) They also have
8 > a strong open-source effort. In fact, I think they have the best
9 > open-source driver support in the industry.
12 yeah? look at phoronix again. Their current drivers are completly fucked up.
13 Plus no drivers for Pulsbo' chips.
14
15 > > And remember: when Nvidia fucks up their drivers (look at nvnews for
16 > > people out of luck) you are screwed. With AMD the work on the open
17 > > drivers is nicely going forward - so you will be able to choose.
18 >
19 > Perhaps "never" is too harsh. When AMD chips have full support of
20 > features in open-source drivers for the Xorg server that are
21 > stable and fast without any 32-bitness then perhaps I will reconsider.
22 > But I don't expect that to happen any time soon.
23
24 again: there is no '32 bitness'. As bridgeman explained in the thread I sent
25 you the link to.