From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT crypto] How to encrypt a directory without root?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:06:47
1 On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:19:56 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > > I wasn't thinking that at all. You use sshfs to mount the remote
4 > > directory locally, then mount that with encfs. All the remote host
5 > > needs is ssh.
6 >
7 > I'm not sure what is going wrong here, if neither of us is listening
8 > to the other or what... but I've stressed that I wanted a solution for
9 > when I could not access my home machine.... Does your solution involve
10 > that?
11
12 No, I missed that part. Do you means you cannot access the machine or you
13 cannot load your normal OS because it is broken? In the latter case, a
14 live C/USB distro will help. If you mean no access to the computer at all
15 and you're forced to use whatever is available, you have something of a
16 problem as you can never know what will be available.
17
18 I used the method I mentioned, but I have more than one computer, so if
19 one breaks I can use the other to get at the backups.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it
26 is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.