From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sonic-Visualiser compile error
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 01:27:43
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Now the build succeeds.
3 > Nevertheless, starting sonic-visualisers complains:
4 >
5 > sonic-visualiser: error while loading shared libraries: libvamp-hostsdk.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
6 >
7 > I cannot find libvamp-hostsdk.
8 >
9 > Neither emergeing libvamp-hostsdk succeeds (no such package/ebuild)
10 > nor qsearching libvamp-hostsdk or libvamp or hostsdk
11 > produces anything which I can use to detect the correct package
12 > to emerge...
15 What you are looking for is media-libs/vamp-plugin-sdk-2.0, but I wonder
16 why it cannot find it since it's supposedly a dependency in the
17 sonic-visualiser ebuild.
18
19 What version of vamp-plugin-sdk do you have installed? (emerge -pvC
20 vamp-plugin-sdk)
21 What use flags are you using for sonic-visualiser? (emerge -pv
22 sonic-visualiser)
23 Is your system otherwise sane and up-to-date? (E.g., have emerge
24 @preserved-libs && revdep-rebuild -i been run successfully after
25 upgrading the libraries?)
26
27 Just as an example from a system without sonic-visualiser: when I try
28 emerging sonic-visualiser on an amd64 system without many of the
29 libraries it needs, I have to allow at least following packages that are
30 marked unstable on amd64 (i.e., ~amd64):
31
32 dev-libs/rasqal-0.9.16 (or 0.9.15)
33 dev-libs/redland-1.0.8 (an earlier one might suffice, but I went with
34 the latest available in portage)
35 media-libs/liboggz-0.9.8
36 media-libs/vamp-plugin-sdk-2.0
37 media-libs/libfishsound-0.9.1
38
39 And also naturally the sonic-visualiser-1.4 itself, which is also unstable.
42 Arttu V.