From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sonic-Visualiser compile error
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:32:01
1 Arttu V. <arttuv69@×××××.com> [09-02-01 17:49]:
2 > Mr Cramer, you replied in private email, but your blacklist bounced/dropped my
3 > consequent reply. Replying on-list:
4 >
5 > On Saturday 31 January 2009 18:07:02 you wrote:
6 > > But emerge tolds me:
7 > >
8 > > emerge -pv rasqual
9 > >
10 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
11 > >
12 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
13 > >
14 > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "rasqual".
15 >
16 > There is a typo: just drop the extra 'u'. It's just rasqal, like you used it
17 > correctly here below:
18 >
19 > > while qsearch says:
20 > >
21 > > qsearch rasqal
22 > > dev-libs/rasqal library that handles Resource Description Framework (RDF)
23 > >
24 > > Before I screw up my system:
25 > > Is there something more fundamental damaged?
26 >
27 > This is the spot where I think FEATURES="buildpkg" should be
28 > mentioned. It will help you roll back the old binaries should
29 > something bad happen. It is mentioned on the list regularly by many
30 > posters, most of them more experienced with it than I am. :)
31 >
32 > Still, I don't think upgrading rasqal should cause major havoc. Worst
33 > thing that happened to this box was that openoffice and soprano wanted
34 > to be re-emerged. So just some automated extra compiling, no big deal
35 > for me. YMMV
36 >
37 > > Or does rasqal only exists as unstable ebuild (reading your posting
38 > > I would tend to answer this with "NO" ...
39 >
40 > 0.9.10 has been stable on Gentoo for nearly three years according to
41 > /usr/portage/dev-libs/rasqal/ChangeLog
42 >
43 > The newer versions have had some bugs reported, but they have been
44 > fixed. You can look them up in bugs.gentoo.org if you're worried.
45 >
46 > --
47 > Arttu V.
50 Hi Arttu !
51
52 Thank you very much for fixing my typos...! :O)
53 I have to clean my glasses again, I think ... ;)
54
55 Now the build succeeds.
56 Nevertheless, starting sonic-visualisers complains:
57
58 sonic-visualiser: error while loading shared libraries: libvamp-hostsdk.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
59
60 I cannot find libvamp-hostsdk.
61
62 Neither emergeing libvamp-hostsdk succeeds (no such package/ebuild)
63 nor qsearching libvamp-hostsdk or libvamp or hostsdk
64 produces anything which I can use to detect the correct package
65 to emerge...
66
67 Kind regards
68 Meino Cramer
72 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
73 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
74 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
75 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.