From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox-10.0.1 fails to compile on x86
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:24:47
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 09:55:07PM +0200, Penguin Lover Nikos Chantziaras squawked:
2 > The PGO optimized build that Mozilla is shipping. You can also build
3 > with PGO from source, but that means building FF *twice* in a row (by
4 > enabling the "pgo" USE flag). I doubt that with the old laptop anyone
5 > is building FF twice with PGO, and that means that the -bin package
6 > should be faster.
7
8 Call me a sadist, but on my netbook I did build FF with +pgo.
9
10 I figured, if I was going to let it build overnight and more, why not?
11 :)
12 (FWIW, it took 7hrs and 40 minutes to build FF8.)
13
14 W
17 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
18 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton