From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Need advice on changing terminal color scheme
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:15:22
1 On 2008-09-15, Alan <alan@×××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 09:44:47AM -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 >> I use my gnome-terminal a lot, and I have the background set to #000000
4 >> with the foreground set to #FFFFFF . This works pretty well for me,
5 >> except that the comments in config files and such show up in a dark blue
6 >> that's very difficult to read against the black background. I'd like to
7 >> change it to a lighter color on the dark background, but I don't even
8 >> know what file that particular config line "comment color=" would be in,
9 >> but I use vim as my text editor. Maybe in a ~/.vim* file, but which
10 >> one?
11 >
12 > If you're talking about the syntax highlighting in vim, you'll probably
13 > want to do:
14 >
15 > set bg=dark
16 >
17 > Which will set the sytax coloring to *much* nicer colors for working on
18 > black.
19
20 I sure with there was a "bg" setting for emerge et al. Bright
21 green and yellow on white are awfully hard to read.
24 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Okay ... I'm going
25 at home to write the "I HATE
26 visi.com RUBIK's CUBE HANDBOOK FOR
27 DEAD CAT LOVERS" ...