From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : DVD drive
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:30:30
1 On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Joerg Schilling
2 <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> > I did give these arguments: There are variouy problems media compatibility of
6 >> > you use DVD+ with different drives.
7 >>
8 >> Your description runs counter to my experience. But that's not
9 >> terribly surprising; there will of course be players which won't
10 >> handle DVD+ media, but I've found them to be few and far between.
11 >
12 > It happened with Sony vs. Ricoh, vs. Philips writers and I could rarely rewrite
13 > media that has been written before in another writer.
14
15 Could be an issue unique to the RW space. I never hung out there. It
16 always made more sense to burn+verify a disc and either file it away,
17 or discard it when done. A spindle of discs is pretty cheap, and a
18 spindle of 25-50 lasts me a year or two.
21 >> >
22 >> > NOTE: DVD+ does not have a round robin check!!!!!!
23 >>
24 >> I don't know what that is, and searching isn't turning up anything but
25 >> pages about a movie called 'round robin'.
26 >
27 > Why don't you just read my explanation from my previous mail?
28
29 Which one? There are nearly twenty messages here over the span of five
30 hours, six of them are yours, and I can't hang on your every word. If
31 you're going to reply to me, include context in your replies; don't
32 count on my having read everything you might have said in response to
33 someone else.
36 :wq