From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : DVD drive
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:10:34
1 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > I did give these arguments: There are variouy problems media compatibility of
4 > > you use DVD+ with different drives.
5 >
6 > Your description runs counter to my experience. But that's not
7 > terribly surprising; there will of course be players which won't
8 > handle DVD+ media, but I've found them to be few and far between.
9
10 It happened with Sony vs. Ricoh, vs. Philips writers and I could rarely rewrite
11 media that has been written before in another writer.
14 > > NOTE: DVD+ does not have a round robin check!!!!!!
15 >
16 > I don't know what that is, and searching isn't turning up anything but
17 > pages about a movie called 'round robin'.
18
19 Why don't you just read my explanation from my previous mail?
20
21 Jörg
24 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
25 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)