From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 20:29:35
1 On 2013-08-01 4:04 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I switched when it was still fresh and it wasn't to bad from what I
4 > recall. Just emerge -C udev and emerge eudev. I think I masked udev to
5 > make sure it didn't get pulled in any more by something else but other
6 > than that, it just worked.
7 >
8 > I would recommend going to boot runlevel and restarting udev after the
9 > switch tho, just to be sure it restarts OK.
10 >
11 > Oh, the init script is still called udev not eudev.
12
13 Thanks Dale.
14
15 Hmmm... so, do I have to do any of the things recommended if updating to
16 the new version of udev?
17
18 Ie:
19
20 Remove the udev-postmount init script
21
22 Make sure CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y is set in the kernel configuration
23
24 etc...
25
26 ?