From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System won't boot if CMOS clock is slow
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:53:35
1 On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:29:04 -0600
2 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Grant Edwards
5 > <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > But, in the failures I've been seeing today, it's not getting to
8 > > agetty. The "clear screen and halt" happens at the "waiting for udev
9 > > events" step...
10 >
11 > FWIW I have also noticed on my machine that somewhere in the middle of
12 > the OpenRC boot process, the screen gets cleared. Haven't completely
13 > tracked it down yet.
14
15 In /etc/inittab you need to change stuff like this
16
17 c1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux
18
19 to this
20
21 c1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux --noclear
24 There's a clear elog about this at the end of the util-linux emerge,
25 perhaps you missed it
30 > You can enable logging in your rc.conf to log all of the openrc
31 > output, that might help you see what was on-screen before it got
32 > cleared away. You also might be able to enable interactive mode and go
33 > through it step-by-step to see what's happening in real-time at your
34 > own pace.
40 Alan McKinnon
41 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com