From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System won't boot if CMOS clock is slow
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:29:50
1 On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > But, in the failures I've been seeing today, it's not getting to
5 > agetty. The "clear screen and halt" happens at the "waiting for udev
6 > events" step...
7
8 FWIW I have also noticed on my machine that somewhere in the middle of
9 the OpenRC boot process, the screen gets cleared. Haven't completely
10 tracked it down yet.
11
12 You can enable logging in your rc.conf to log all of the openrc
13 output, that might help you see what was on-screen before it got
14 cleared away. You also might be able to enable interactive mode and go
15 through it step-by-step to see what's happening in real-time at your
16 own pace.