From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] expat... once again
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:33:25
1 On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:19:48 +0200
2 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Hi there!
5 >
6 > Yes, there are still gentoo machines out there running libexpat-1,
7 > and I am upgrading one now. I survived several of those upgrades yet,
8 > but those were PCs I had better access to, and where a huge
9 > revdep-rebuild was no big problem.
10 >
11 > But this machine here is slow, and I do not have powerful distcc
12 > hosts for it. And it is powered off in the night. But it should come
13 > up back and be able to be used.
14 >
15 > Couldn't I just save /usr/lib/libexpat.* before upgrading libexpat,
16 > start revdep-rebuild, and put the old libraries back, so all
17 > applications stil have their libraries until revdep-rebuild has
18 > finished?.
19 >
20 > Wonko
23 Stupid idea, but would the current ~ portage now make the whole upgrade
24 a lot easier with FEATURES="preserve-libs" ?