From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC Failing
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:58:27
1 On Monday 22 January 2007 12:25, Naga wrote:
2 > On Monday 22 January 2007 12:48, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > what I initially thought was a problem with kdelibs is turning into
6 > > something even more strange. Emerge failed for every package I tried
7 > > to install with the message: "Internal compiler error: Segmentation
8 > > Fault". I have tried re-emerging gcc from two local mirrors, but got a
9 > > bunch of hash failures and corrupted archives. I am now trying
10 > > distfiles.gentoo.org, but this will take quite long. Any ideas as to
11 > > what might have happened? Could this be connected to X running
12 > > alarmingly slow?
13 >
14 > Faulty memory? Got something like this once and then it was a memory module
15 > that was broken. Try and check it with memcheck86 (think I got the name
16 > right :))
17
18 If memtest86+ doesn't show anything, then try a more arduous memory test like
19 so:
20
21 http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html
22
23 PS. Before you start spending time on memory tests I'd first try it on the
24 console with no X gui running at all and see what gives.
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick