From: Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC Failing
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:43:48
1 On 1/22/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday 22 January 2007 12:25, Naga wrote:
3 > > On Monday 22 January 2007 12:48, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
4 > > > Hello,
5 > > >
6 > > > what I initially thought was a problem with kdelibs is turning into
7 > > > something even more strange. Emerge failed for every package I tried
8 > > > to install with the message: "Internal compiler error: Segmentation
9 > > > Fault". I have tried re-emerging gcc from two local mirrors, but got a
10 > > > bunch of hash failures and corrupted archives. I am now trying
11 > > > distfiles.gentoo.org, but this will take quite long. Any ideas as to
12 > > > what might have happened? Could this be connected to X running
13 > > > alarmingly slow?
14 > >
15 > > Faulty memory? Got something like this once and then it was a memory module
16 > > that was broken. Try and check it with memcheck86 (think I got the name
17 > > right :))
18 >
19 > If memtest86+ doesn't show anything, then try a more arduous memory test like
20 > so:
21 >
22 > http://people.redhat.com/dledford/memtest.html
23
24 Memtest worked fine (or at least I guess it did), but I'll keep your
25 suggestion in mind if this night's memtest yields nothing.
26 >
27 > PS. Before you start spending time on memory tests I'd first try it on the
28 > console with no X gui running at all and see what gives.
29
30 I already tried running no X and it still failed. I am starting to
31 wonder if there is some other problem, too.
32
33 Thanks,
34 Vlad
37 How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
38 Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list