From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mask all packages but 1 from an overlay?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 00:27:27
1 >> Can I mask all packages from a layman overlay except for one?
2 >
3 > Check out Mark Knecht's thread from 5 hours ago asking the same question. :)
4
5 Ouch, sorry. I bet he was doing the exact same thing I'm doing. Darn
6 poppler, eh Mark! The version number is the same so you can't mask it
7 out even temporarily.
8
9 > Short answer was don't let portage see the overlay, instead symlink
10 > the packages you want to your local overlay instead, so only they will
11 > be seen by portage, while still allowing you to sync the overlay as
12 > usual.
13
14 Based on that info, I just copied it into /usr/local/portage. It's
15 hal so I don't think there is to much likelihood of an update.
16
17 - Grant