From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 03:51:32
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 07/01/2016 20:40, Dale wrote:
5 >> Well, I undid everything, moved the files out of /etc/portage, and did
6 >> my regular updates. When I logged back in, some things were different.
7 >> I don't mean broke different, just different. I sort of lost my
8 >> settings on some things it seems and my saved session was a bit weird.
9 >> Some apps were open and showed at the bottom but I couldn't get them
10 >> where I could see them. It acted like they were hidden, you know when
11 >> you click and get it to minimize. Thing is, clicking to get it to come
12 >> back didn't work. It's there but not there if you get it.
13 >>
14 >> Also, the desktop looks funny, as in strange funny. It sorta looks neat
15 >> in a way but it is different. I also had to set it back to folder view
16 >> since it went to default.
17 >>
18 >> I'm not quite sure what changed but something did. I'm pretty sure it
19 >> had nothing to do with me trying to get KDE5 tho. I had that so that I
20 >> could just move the files out and be back where I was. Also, it never
21 >> emerged anything. So, it had to be a regular update that did it but not
22 >> sure which one.
23 >>
24 >> The only thing I want to change, I want to make the little icons
25 >> smaller. Other than that, it looks "crisper" or "cleaner" in some way
26 >> that I can't quite describe. Now to go find that setting. It's in the
27 >> control thingy somewhere. I changed it once before.
30 > KDE looks different? Probably plasma, it has a distinctive black & white
31 > look with blue highlights.
32 >
33 > X display as a whole looks different? I'd need a screenshot
40 Well, I don't have one of my old one to even compare it too. I like it
41 except that I need to take some time to resize my icons on the desktop.
42 I'll get to it eventually but once I open Seamonkey or Firefox, I can't
43 see them any more anyway. lol
44
45 I looked back at the last update in emerge.log. I saw a few KDE
46 packages and a few qt packages. I didn't see any plasma packages.
47 Right now my allergies are acting up so my vision is a bit blurry. I
48 could have missed it if it was just one or something.
49
50 Anyway, I kinda like it so it's all good. I just can't quite describe
51 why it looks better. :/
52
53 Dale
54