From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strangeness with Grub and Win7 partitions
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:08:45
1 Hi all,
2 Don't know if it's my machine or a bug somewhere in Grub, but I have a
3 dual boot setup /dev/sda - Linux, /dev/sdb - Win7, that grub-mkconfig
4 would find correctly and build the grub.cfg file for. Or it did in the past.
5
6 I hadn't had call to boot into Win7 for a while but kept building Linux
7 kernels and running grub-mkconfig. Linux always booted correctly but
8 recently upon trying to boot Win7 it failed. Investigation shows that my
9 Win7 partition isn't being found. Manually adding it to grub.cfg fixed
10 the boot problem.
11
12 I have not changed anything in the way I run grub-mkconfig, I have
13 os-prober installed and when booted into Linux can see and use any of
14 the partitions in the Win7 install, ie ntfs3g is installed and working.
15 Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong?
16
17 Thanks,
18
19 Andrew