From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: A helping hand with virtual machines, please.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:15:41
1 On 2011-11-23, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Wed, November 23, 2011 12:06 am, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:29:23 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> What I like about VBox is that you get all the useful bits in the
6 >>> open-source version.
7 >>
8 >> Except USB support.
9 >
10 > Huh?
11
12 The last time I checked, USB support is not available in the
13 open-source version of VB -- only in the binary-only version.
14
15 > I used VirtualBox with a MSWindowsXP guest to use a "negatives" scanner
16 > that would refuse to work with Sane as the device has some weird
17 > initialization routines that need to be controlled by the actual driver.
18 >
19 > The connection was with USB and worked perfectly.
20 >
21 > I doubt USB support has disappeared suddenly.
22
23 And you're using the open-source VB?
26 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'll eat ANYTHING
27 at that's BRIGHT BLUE!!
28 gmail.com