From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A helping hand with virtual machines, please.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:57:48
1 On Wed, November 23, 2011 12:06 am, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:29:23 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> What I like about VBox is that you get all the useful bits in the
5 >> open-source version.
6 >
7 > Except USB support.
8
9 Huh?
10
11 I used VirtualBox with a MSWindowsXP guest to use a "negatives" scanner
12 that would refuse to work with Sane as the device has some weird
13 initialization routines that need to be controlled by the actual driver.
14
15 The connection was with USB and worked perfectly.
16
17 I doubt USB support has disappeared suddenly.
20 Joost