From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Git change logs
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 16:03:46
1 On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 5:39 AM tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > If you want the history for a file, you need to specify the full path:
4 >
5 > git log sys-devel/gcc/gcc-11.2.1_p20211127.ebuild
8 You can also point it at a directory and get changes for the entire
9 directory. I also suggest trying "git whatchanged" as an alternative
10 to "git log." I'm guessing you could get git log to display the same
11 info but I find whatchanged to be more useful, at least for
12 directories. There wouldn't be much point in running it on a single
13 file since the main benefit is showing what files changed in each
14 commit.
15
16 Keep in mind that git knows nothing about gentoo package atoms/syntax.
17 It just sees a directory tree and files...
20 Rich