From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:07:52
1 On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:49:11 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> I made a note of that command and will give that a try. I'll also
4 > >> read the man page to see how to get it to skip /dev /sys /proc etc
5 > >> etc.
6
7 > > That's what the -x is for.
8
9 > Thanks for the info. As you may can tell, I have never used rsync
10 > before. :/
11
12 Your portage tree must be very outdated by now :P
13
14 > Then again, since I will be booted from the CD, shouldn't
15 > they be empty anyway? Except maybe for /dev/null and /dev/console I
16 > guess?
19 Yes, and that is a better way of doing it as you will copy the two files
20 in the underlying /dev. -x tells rsync to not cross filesystem
21 boundaries, so it will make no difference if you are working from a live
22 CD.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Exercise daily. Eat wisely. Die anyway.