From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:49:22
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:34:28 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >>> rsync -ax /source/ /dest/
6 >>>
9 >> I made a note of that command and will give that a try. I'll also read
10 >> the man page to see how to get it to skip /dev /sys /proc etc etc.
13 > That's what the -x is for.
18 Thanks for the info. As you may can tell, I have never used rsync
19 before. :/ Then again, since I will be booted from the CD, shouldn't
20 they be empty anyway? Except maybe for /dev/null and /dev/console I guess?
21
22 I got to go visit a friend so it may be tomorrow before I get to
23 transfer now.
24
25 Thanks again.
26