From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: new scanner : partial success
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 04:50:26
1 On 2017-05-03 15:13, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > It appears that the driver set-up includes a binary blob
4 > & that it can't be done simply by picking the correct SANE_BACKENDS item
5 > (the old scanner simply need 'plustek' to be chosen).
6 > So can anyone advise me how to get my new scanner working on Gentoo ?
7
8 Unpack the deb in mint with dpkg --extract and investigate or show us
9 the contents.
12 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
13 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
14 Don't clear-text sign:
15 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html