From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The sudden disappearance of ....WHAT??? (I/O error on a SD flash card?!)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 06:25:53
1 On 03/26 05:50, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > On 03/26 11:21, Adam Carter wrote:
3 > > Step 1: dd the contents into an image
4 > >
5 > > ddrescue is probably a better option than plain dd.
6 > >
7 > > step 2: put the sdcard to one side.
8 > > > step 3: loopback mount a copy of the image (not the original)
9 > > > step 4: try recovering the filesystem on the loopback, if it fails ... try
10 > > > something else on another image copy
13 > > Yep, once you've got the image mounted loopback, you can run
14 > > testdisk/photorec depending on how bad it is.
15 >
16 > Hi all,
17 >
18 > thanks a lot for all help! :)
19 >
20 > Currently I am ddresucueing the flashcard to the harddisc.
21 > Next I will try to mount the sdcard.
22 >
23 > What reliable sdcard-reader can one recommend ?
24 > (...sorry if this sentence sounds harsh...I it by no means meant
25 > that way...I am no native speaker... :)
26 >
27 > Cheers
28 > Meino
32 Hi,
33
34 Is the assumption correct, that -- if ddrescue could read each
35 partitions of the sdcard without stuttering, retries and errors --
36 the sdcard itsself is ok and "only" the logical structure
37 (fs, superblock etc) got damaged?
38 Or do I overlook something?
39
40 (Background: I dont want to put a sdcard into the bin, if
41 fdisking & reformatting that beast would gives me back an ok
42 media...)
43
44 Cheers
45 Meino