From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The sudden disappearance of ....WHAT??? (I/O error on a SD flash card?!)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 03:51:09
1 On 03/26 11:21, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > Step 1: dd the contents into an image
3 >
4 > ddrescue is probably a better option than plain dd.
5 >
6 > step 2: put the sdcard to one side.
7 > > step 3: loopback mount a copy of the image (not the original)
8 > > step 4: try recovering the filesystem on the loopback, if it fails ... try
9 > > something else on another image copy
12 > Yep, once you've got the image mounted loopback, you can run
13 > testdisk/photorec depending on how bad it is.
14
15 Hi all,
16
17 thanks a lot for all help! :)
18
19 Currently I am ddresucueing the flashcard to the harddisc.
20 Next I will try to mount the sdcard.
21
22 What reliable sdcard-reader can one recommend ?
23 (...sorry if this sentence sounds harsh...I it by no means meant
24 that way...I am no native speaker... :)
25
26 Cheers
27 Meino