From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] After power failure, SATA hd not recognized a bunch of times: do I have to worry?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 01:59:13
1 b.n. wrote:
2 > I found the box was not off, but it had tried to reboot. But it showed
3 > no Linux login prompt; instead, BIOS told me that wanted a floppy disk...
4
5 Let me guess.. Intel ICHsomething?
6
7 I've found that my MSI P965 wouldn't recognize my Maxtor 300GB SATAII HD after
8 a power failure.
11 > I was quite terrified, but after a couple more reboots it got the hd
12 > again, apparently flawlessly...
13
14 Exactly the same symptoms. Have you power it down completely, switching the
15 PSU off for a few seconds?
18 Regards,
19 Norberto
20 --