From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Java with Firefox not recognized
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 05:19:53
1 On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 22:40 -0600, George wrote:
2 > Joseph wrote:
3 >
4 > >I have Java installed "blackdown-jdk-1.4.2" on my system and it is
5 > >enabled in Firefox.
6 > >However, when I try to view some pages that need Java it keeps
7 > >complaining about missing plug-in "Java Runtime Environment" and it is
8 > >not available when i try to install it, even though I have Java
9 > >installed and enabled.
10 > >
11 > >I have an Axis Camera and can not view one setting that require Java.
12 > >But it works with Firefox and Windows Java (why they alway have to
13 > >better :-/ )
14 > >What am I missing? Why my Java is not recognized by Camera. Axis
15 > >Cameras use Linux OS.
19 > this might help you http:/http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#q2.2
20
21 They are talking about compatibility between Firefox dependency on
22 correct gcc and Java environment. But in out case it is not applicable
23 since we are compiling everything so the same gcc is used to compile
24 Firefox and Java; currently gcc-3.3.6.
25 What I'm thinking that it might be more compatibility problem between
26 blackdown-jdk vs. sun-jdk (I'm not sure). Many pages I visit on the net
27 keep asking for Java plug-in as the one I have installed is not
28 recognized.
31 #Joseph
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list