From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google-chrome-103.0.5060 - choose password for new keyring
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 09:01:31
1 Thelma,
2
3 On Thursday, 2022-07-07 23:13:47 -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4
5 > ...
6 > By upgrading one of my system, I've just noticed this behaviour is enforced (I think) by new package that was pulled by emerge:
7 > [ebuild N ] gnome-base/gnome-keyring-42.1 USE="pam ssh-agent (-selinux) -systemd -test"
8 > Upgrading just "chrome" did not ask me for any keyring password.
9 >
10 > I don't use gnome, I use XFCE but I guess one of the package pull this as a dependency.
11
12 Run
13
14 $ emerge --pretend --unmerge gnome-base/gnome-keyring
15
16 to get the list of packages depending on "gnome-base/gnome-keyring".
17 Then check each of these packages for a set USE flag causing "gnome-
18 base/gnome-keyring" to be pulled in. At least in many cases such a USE
19 flag will be named just "gnome-keyring".
20
21 Sincerely,
22 Rainer