From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google-chrome-103.0.5060 - choose password for new keyring
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 09:48:37
1 On Fri, 08 Jul 2022 05:01:17 -0400,
2 Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
3 >
4 > Thelma,
5 >
6 > On Thursday, 2022-07-07 23:13:47 -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
7 >
8 > > ...
9 > > By upgrading one of my system, I've just noticed this behaviour is enforced (I think) by new package that was pulled by emerge:
10 > > [ebuild N ] gnome-base/gnome-keyring-42.1 USE="pam ssh-agent (-selinux) -systemd -test"
11 > > Upgrading just "chrome" did not ask me for any keyring password.
12 > >
13 > > I don't use gnome, I use XFCE but I guess one of the package pull this as a dependency.
14 >
15 > Run
16 >
17 > $ emerge --pretend --unmerge gnome-base/gnome-keyring
18 >
19 > to get the list of packages depending on "gnome-base/gnome-keyring".
20 > Then check each of these packages for a set USE flag causing "gnome-
21 > base/gnome-keyring" to be pulled in. At least in many cases such a USE
22 > flag will be named just "gnome-keyring".
23 Should not this instruction say emerge --pretend --depclean rather
24 than --unmerge ?
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici wb2una